Boy’s club’s annual Lakes visit

editorial image

This photo was taken at Hammerbank House, Windermere, of Lowe House Boy’s Club members enjoying their annual camp in 1950.

Chaplain Francis Kelly (front, centre) was in charge, flanked by leaders Fred Porter and Tom Finney.

The likely lads paid a weekly ‘tanner’ to help finance the trip, with coaches provided by proprietor Charlie Heaton, of Dentons Green.