We’ll never see him becoming a man

Jordan Campbell, with sisters Danni (middle) and Naomi
Jordan Campbell, with sisters Danni (middle) and Naomi
Share this article

The family of murdered teenager Jordan Campbell say they have been robbed of the chance of seeing him grow up to become a man.

Jordan, 17, was found stabbed to death in a burnt out flat in Parr on a New Year’s Day.

Haydock murder victim Jordan Campbell with his grandma Angela Birch

Haydock murder victim Jordan Campbell with his grandma Angela Birch

Over £1,000 was raised in the days following his death through a Facebook campaign started by the Haydock teenager’s sister to help fund a permanent memorial to him.

His family have described how they have been comforted as they grieve for Jordan by their many happy memories of a “kind-hearted and cheeky” young man.

They have also released heartbreaking pictures of the youngster with his beloved grandma, Angela Birch, and his sisters Danni and Naomi.

“Jordan was a young man who would do anything for anyone,” they said in a statement. “He had a cheeky disposition, was often loud and his death has left a huge hole in our hearts.

“He loved his family and we loved him back so much in return. He was always generous and would have spent his last pennies on his nephews.

“We used to always have fun and often teased him about his smelly feet. He always took it well and sadly now it’s just one of the happy memories we’ve got left of Jordan.

“He was only 17-years-old and we’re devastated he never saw his eighteenth birthday and the chance to be a man.

“He was well loved by everybody that knew him and he will be sadly missed.”

They added: “We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and donations through this really difficult time for us. It’s slowly helping us to come to terms with what has happened to our special Jordan.”

His sisters Naomi and Dannii went on: “We also want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the vigil and walk that was held to remember Jordan on Friday night and to Merseyside Police for their help.”

Jordan’s body was discovered by firefighters at a flat in Parr on New Year’s Day after a number of small fires were started in the property.

Daniel Joseph Wiltshire, 25, from Wargrave Road in Newton-le-Willows, 22-year-old Ruben Hoather, of Tickle Avenue in Parr and Anthony Mark Wood, 32, from Elephant Lane, Thatto Heath, have all appeared in court charged with his murder.

They have been remanded in custody and are due to stand trial in June.

Police believe the flat in Tickle Avenue where Jordan’s body was found was also the scene of a New Year’s Eve party which was attended by several people, many of whom may be able to help police piece together more of what happened to Jordan during his final hours.

Det Chief Insp Sue Coombs, who is leading the murder investigation, appealed for more party-goers to come forward.

She said: “We have traced some of the people, but we still need to speak to anyone who was there and hasn’t come forward yet as they may have vital information which could help our investigation.

“I would appeal to anyone who was at the party or anyone with information about the incident, however small, to get in touch with us as a matter of urgency.”