St Helens war hero Andy Reid has lashed out at council chiefs over their handling of the town’s Remembrance Sunday parade.
Reid, who lost an arm and both legs in a landmine blast in Afghanistan, said the town hall had “let down” veterans.
The former soldier said he would be submitting an official complaint to St Helens Council but declined to reveal the precise nature of his grievance.
Reid, who wrote a best-selling book on his experiences after suffering his horrific injuries, has been a regular attendee at St Helens’ Remembrance Sunday parade.
He took to Twitter on Sunday to register his displeasure but declined to comment further when contacted by the St Helens Reporter.
Council officials have received complaints about the quality of tannoys used by the official speakers.
A town hall spokesman said the council aware of Reid’s comments but had not received an official complaint.
“The same PA system was used last year - when no complaints were received,” the spokesman said.
“However, to make sure the occasion remains a solemn and dignified remembrance we will be reviewing the day to identify if improvements can be made for next year.
“This includes meeting with some of the key partners involved.
“With regard to seating arrangements, 60 seats were made available to veterans and others in a special marquee area.”