Toaster sparks fire drama

GB Antiques.'Toaster.
GB Antiques.'Toaster.
Share this article

A MAN was hospitalised after his toaster caught fire.

Emergency crews were called to the kitchen of a house on Skeffington, off Lickers Lane in Whiston, shortly after 5pm on Sunday (July 3).

The occupier, a 47-year-old man, was left suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation after his toaster caught fire.

After being checked over by paramedics at the scene, he was taken to Whiston Hospital for a precautionary check-up.

The kitchen was left severely damaged by smoke and the remainder of the ground floor was left moderately smoke damaged.

Fire crews remained at the scene for about half an hour.