Stalker met victim at McDonalds

Michael Abudaber, who has been jailed for stalking a former colleague
Michael Abudaber, who has been jailed for stalking a former colleague
Share this article

A former McDonald’s worker developed an obsession with an ex-colleague and bombarded her with text messages then turned up at her home uninvited, a court has heard.

Jailing Michael Abudaber for 12 months, Judge David Aubrey, QC, said that he had displayed “frightening, unpredictable and manipulative behaviour”.

He said: “As a result of that fixation and obsession that you had as far as she was concerned every time she picked up her mobile, every time she looked at her text messages or every time she looked out of her window she must have wondered if there was a voicemail or text from you or whether you were in the vicinity.”

Judge Aubrey said that the catalyst for his behaviour, which had caused psychological harm to his victim, was the use of controlled drugs which resulted in his “deluded perception of her”.

“The fact remains that throughout that period of just over a month you were pursuing her by one means or another relentlessly.”

He imposed a lifetime restraining order to keep away from his victim, Claire Billsborough.

Abudaber, 23, of Housley Close, Worsley Mesnes, pleaded guilty to putting a person in fear of violence.

Karen Brooks, prosecuting, told Liverpool Crown Court that Abudaber became friendly with his victim when they worked at McDonalds at Marus Bridge eight years ago.

He was dismissed after two years but they continued to be friends.

She noticed a change in him about 12 to 18 months ago and on one occasion she saw him looking at her sexually and told him to stop as it was making her uncomfortable.

He began sending abusive texts which later led to sexual messages and despite her having a boyfriend said he wanted cuddles and asked if he could stay the night.

Shortly before Christmas he turned up uninvited and asked for sex saying that no one would know but she refused and he later apologised.

But on December 23 he texted to say he loved her followed by “huge” texts declaring his love for her, said Mrs Brooks.

By Boxing Day he was sending her abusive texts and on January 3 he arrived outside her home saying he loved her and she was “scared and freaked out.”

Two days later he returned in the early hours of the morning but fortunately her friend and her boyfriend prevented him from getting in.

He returned later the same day and she saw him through the window standing outside smiling and she was so terrified she rang 999.

But before police could arrive he shoulder-barged the front door open saying he wanted a glass of water.

She fled and hid behind a neighbour’s car and the police arrived and arrested him. He told officers: “She has broken my heart.”

Kevin Liston, defending, said that Abudaber was remorseful and now had some insight into his behaviour.