Pair treated for smoke inhalation after fridge fire

editorial image
Share this article

A couple in St Helens were treated for smoke inhalation after their fridge freezer burst into flames.

The man and woman, both in their 30s, were given oxygen by firefighters.

Crews were called to the house on Ilfracombe Road, Sutton Leach, at around 10.10am on Sunday, November 22.

It is believed an electrical fault in the freezer, which was located in the utility room, caused the blaze.

Two fire appliances were called out and firefighters were at the scene for

just over half an hour.