Seven men have been charged following an assault on a St Helens RL academy play outside a Manchester nightclub,
Saints Academy player Joe Sharratt suffered serious head injuries during the incident on December 2 2018. He is now recovering at home.
The following men have been charged with affray and have been bailed to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday April 23 2019:
• Lee Clark (10/11/1977) of Epson Avenue, Sale
• Imran Ilyas (05/08/1978) of Gainsborough Avenue, Oldham
• Mohammed Saleem (20/11/1997) of Kingsway, Manchester
• Mohammed Abdullah (27/03/1989) of Golborne Avenue, Manchester
• Javad Bolagh (29/04/1995) of Higher Lane, Whitefield
• Amjad Yasin (08/09/1981) of Latimer Street, Oldham
• Gareth Carr (03/08/1998) of Denbigh Road, Denton
Carr and Yasin have also been charged with section 20 assault.