A thief broke into a property in Prescot and made off with a batch of sentimental items of jewellery.
Detectives are unsure whether more than one person was responsible for the raid at an address on Lloyd Road on Monday (March 7) some time between 7am and 7pm.
However, all the items stolen were of great sentimental value to the owner, police say.
Among the items taken are a small black tie pin, a Marcasite ladies watch, a metal brooch with a large pink stone, a silver necklace with a solid silver teddy bear pendant and a gold ring with a black onyx stone.
Det Insp Tony Kirk, from Knowsley CID, said: “This has been a very upsetting experience for the owner, as the items stolen hold massive sentimental value, some being in the family for generations.
“These items are very distinctive in nature and it’s possible they have been offered for sale. We’re contacting pawn brokers in the area, but I’d also ask anyone who might have been offered any of these pieces to get in contact as I’m sure if you’ve seen any of these items, you’d remember them.
“I’d also like to appeal to anyone who has any information about this incident or those responsible for it, to get in contact - how would you feel if this had happened in your home and your treasured possessions had been taken?
“Any information could assist with our investigation.”
Crime scene investigators have attended the address and CCTV is being examined from the area.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Knowsley CID on 0151 777 6683/4 , 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The list of the items stolen includes:
* A small square black tie pin with a crystal stone set in the middle and a chain on the rear
* A Marcasite silver coloured ladies watch. Art deco style with a small rectangular face surrounded by Marcasite. The bracelet on this watch is made up of flat silver coloured rectangular links, each with an engraved design. Taken in a brown jewellers envelope
* A silver metal brooch, with a large pink stone with silver filigree around it and three pink stone drop pendants
* A silver necklace with a with a solid silver pendant in the shape of a teddy bear with moveable arms and legs
* A small gold ring with an oval shaped black onyx stone
* Also stolen was a French polished small wooden box with a crucifix on the top and the misspelled word “Jersuselem” on the side, a ladies mirrored jewellery box with costume jewellery inside and two further watches (an Accurist watch and a Next watch)