Flat fire in Parr

editorial image
Share this article

A 67-year-old man escaped unharmed from a flat fire in St Helens.

The pensioner is believed to have extinguished the flames himself before making his own way out of the property.

Firefighters were called to the incident in McCormack Avenue, Parr, at around 9.50pm on Saturday.

Brigade investigators believe the blaze started in a waste paper bin.

The man was checked at the scene by paramedics but declined hospital treatment.

The property’s lounge only suffered slight smoke damage.