Crews rescue dog trapped in house fire

editorial image
Share this article

Firefighters in Eccleston rescued a dog that had become trapped in a kitchen fire.

Crews were called to the property on Thorn Road just after 2.15pm on Wednesday, July 13.

A brigade spokesman said: “Two fire engines attended the incident, which involved a pan of unattended sausages on fire.

“Firefighters gained entry to the house via a first-floor window using a short extension ladder.

“They found the fire to be out on arrival and ventilated the area before carrying out a Home Fire Safety Check.

“Crews rescued one small dog from the property, which was left in the care of neighbours.

“The ground floor of the property was slightly damaged by smoke.

“Firefighters remained at the scene for around 40 minutes.”