Crews called to battle kitchen blaze

News story
News story
Share this article

A woman was hospitalised after a kitchen fire broke out inside a St Helens house.

Emergency crews were called to Owen Street, Grange Park, shortly after 3.30pm last Wednesday).

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which involved a pan of food, and requested an ambulance.

The woman was taken to Whiston Hospital for a precautionary check-up.

Part of the ground floor of the house was left smoke damaged.

Firefighters remained at the scene for about an hour.

No-one else injured during the blaze.