Grieving families in St Helens can now benefit from an improved service by four well-established and reputable funeral directors thanks to a new partnership with the council.
St Helens Council’s Partnership Funeral Service, has joined forces with Houghtons Funeral Service, Co-operative Funeral Care, Haydock Funeral Service Ltd and Kane Funeral Service to provide a cremation at St Helens Crematorium or burials at St Helens or Newton Cemeteries to offer an affordable package of between £1,397 and £1,775.
The service includes:
• Collection of the deceased within the borough’s boundaries (during business hours).
• Provision of the Chapel of Rest (during business hours).
• All arrangements for a dignified funeral at the Crematorium or Cemetery.
• Suitable coffin with appropriate fittings.
• Motor-hearse and one following limousine.
• Crematorium/Cemetery charges at St Helens Crematorium or St Helens/Newton-Le-Willows Council Cemeteries.
• Medical referee fee.
• Clergy/Officiate and all medical fees.
Burials and Services in a private churchyard or additional services are also available, although additional fees will apply.
St Helens Council’s Cabinet Member for Green, Smart and Sustainable Borough, Coun Seve Gomez-Aspron, said: “It’s great to see so many well respected funeral directors supporting the Partnership Funeral Service and giving residents of the borough, regardless of their financial situation, the funeral they deserve.
“We have produced a helpful leaflet that can be picked up from both cemeteries and most public buildings to help people make arrangements in difficult times.
“I’m confident this will go from strength to strength and we will see more and people using this service.
For further information or advice concerning any aspects not included in the Partnership Service, contact a member of the Bereavement Services Team by calling 01744 677406/7 - Monday-Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm,
Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm, or visit www.sthelens.gov.uk/funerals