Clothing set alight

editorial image
Share this article

A fire was sparked after a pile of clothing was left on top of a cooker.

Fire crews were called to a property on Windleshaw Road, Dentons Green, shortly after 1.20pm last Monday (August 11).

A pile of clothing had been left on top of a stove in a ground floor kitchen.

The fabric was damaged by fire and there was smoke damage to both the ground floor and first floor.

An elderly man was upstairs in the property when the fire broke out but he is not believed to have been injured.

Firefighters remained at the scene for about 20 minutes.