THE best guide to what’s coming up on the live circuit in St Helens over the coming weeks.
* For one night only, the Royal T Drama Academy is set to present Show Off! - an evening of musical theatre, songs, sketches, drama and laughter. The show will take place at the St Helens Theatre Royal on November 29.
* Irish songbird Gemma Hayes performs at the Ciatdel in St Helens on November. Gemma’s songs are a regular feature on many US shows are will be familiar to many. Call 01744 735436 for tickets.
* Madcap rock genuis Arthur Brown brings his unique musical sound to the Citadel on December 1. An influence on the likes of Peter Gabriel and Alice Cooper, this is a show that will not easily be forgotten. Tickets from 01744 735436.
* Spirit medium David Traynor gets in touch with the other side at the Citadel on December 6. Call 01744 735436 for more information and tickets.
* Swampstompers Unplugged (aka Eric Burke on vocals, harmonica, percussion and Baz Dooley on- vocals, guitars, mandolin, mouth bow) will be be hosting an evening of acoustic blues, field hollers and contemporary favourites at The Rendezvous Bar in Church Street, St Helens on Friday, December 7. The event will run from 9pm till late and admission is free.
* St Helens Theatre’s panto season opens on December 7. This year’s production is Cinderalla, with a St Helens twist. Shameless star Tina Malone stars. For tickets call the box office on 01744 756000.
* Desperate Scousewives 2 is back at the St Helens Theatre Royal for a four night run starting on December 10. Expect liberal doses of scouse humour with a festive twist. Tickets from 01744 756000.