Town hall chiefs appeal for dead soldier’s family

editorial image
0
Have your say

Council officials have launched an appeal to help find family members of a former soldier who was found dead at his home.

Eric O’Shaughnessy died from carbon monoxide poisoning at his Abinger Road home in Garswood.

A hearing, held at St Helens town hall on Friday (October 2), was told the 37-year-old rigged up a system to kill himself using household barbecues.

Coroner Christopher Sumner ruled he had taken his own life. Born in Galway, Republic of Ireland, Mr O’Shaughnessy had served for a time as a Private in the Infantry of The Royal Irish Regiment (General Services) from 18 November 2007 to 30 June 2011.

His funeral is to be arranged later this week.

If you can help, please contact Gillian Green at St Helens Council, on 01744 675 359, or by emailing gilliangreen@sthelens.gov.uk.