OAP hurt in chip blaze

0
Have your say

A NEIGHBOUR helped to rescue a pensioner after a chip pan caught fire in his home.

Fire crews were called out to the ground floor kitchen of a house on Ellison Drive, off Knowsley Road, Eccleston, shortly after 8.30pm on Saturday (February 26).

On arrival, they were met by a neighbour who had led the occupier of the fire-hit home, a 66-year-old man, to safety.

Firefighters administered oxygen to the casualty, who was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation, before paramedics took him to Whiston Hospital.

The kitchen and remainder of the ground floor were left moderately smoke damaged.

n Galliford Try contractors will be starting work on Thursday on the construction of a footway/cycleway on the south side of Linkway East.The way work will take about four weeks.