Man hurt in chip pan blaze

A firefighter shows how dangerous an out of control chip pan fire can be
A firefighter shows how dangerous an out of control chip pan fire can be
0
Have your say

A MAN was hospitalised after a pan of food caught fire in his flat.

Fire crews were called to the kitchen of a ground floor flat on Legh Street, Newton-le-Willows, at about 5.15pm on Sunday (January 29).

The occupier, a 54-year-old man, was left suffering from smoke inhalation and was taken to Warrington Hospital for a precautionary check-up. The pan and cooker were left fire damaged and the kitchen was smoke damaged.