Man burns his hand tackling chip pan blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A 50-year-old man suffered burns to his hand while removing a blazing chip pan to the open air.

Emergency crews were called to a home on Abberley Close, Queens Park, at about 1.15am on Monday (February 27).

Firefighters from Parr Stocks and Whiston used a fire blanket to extinguish the blaze and administered first aid to the casualty’s right hand.

The man declined hospital treatment.

The fire left the extractor hood above the cooker damaged and caused slight smoke damage to the kitchen.

Fire crews remained at the scene for about half an hour.