The boss of St Helens Theatre Royal is backing the fire service’s new sprinkler campaign.
Chantelle Nolan knows only too well how an indoor sprinkler system can help snuff out a fire following a blaze involving a fridge at the Corporation Street venue back in 2012.
The theatre’s single-head sprinkler system not only activated in a first floor staff kitchen - but enabled the show to go on!
Rehearsals for the local school production Legh Vale’s Got Talent that day were able to go ahead as planned.
Sprinklers also activated at a kitchen fire in Ashton Road, Newton-le-Willows, before Christmas.
Fire chiefs hope to see at least one more business in St Helens adopt an indoor sprinkler system as part of their new campaign.
Chris Case, St Helens’ district manager, said: “We have seen fires on Merseyside, including St Helens, where, if fitted, sprinklers have prevented the fire from spreading and limited damage to owners and business - ultimately saving lives.
“Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service is now raising awareness about sprinklers and promoting the benefits of sprinklers as part of a commitment to reduce the impact of fire on people, property, businesses and the environment.”