DCSIMG

Early hours takeaway blaze

News story

News story

Firefighters tackled an early-hours blaze at a takeaway in St Helens.

Crews from St Helens, Eccleston and Whiston were called to a takeaway on Junction Lane, Sutton, at about 2am on Friday (May 30).

The takeaway was left severely fire-damaged. It is believed that the fire was accidental and that it was sparked by an electrical fault.

There was also some fire and smoke damage to a flat above the premises.

An adjacent flat and a neighbouring shop were also left slightly smoke-damaged.

There were no reports of any injuries.

Firefighters remained at the scene for about three hours.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page