Girl finds dead frog in her McDonald’s wrap

editorial image

A 10-year-old girl was left feeling sick after biting into a McDonald’s wrap which contained a dead frog.

Cordellia Buckley had spent a day out with her dad Dave, 42, when they decided to stop at a drive-thru.

It’s not a natural thing, like finding a slug in your lettuce. It was quite obvious that someone had put it in there, I suspect as a Halloween prank

Dad Dave

She tucked into a £1.99 Big Flavour sweet chilli chicken wrap and found something tough and chewy.

Thinking it was a gristly piece of chicken, she pulled it out of her mouth but recoiled in horror when she discovered it was in fact a four inch-long dead frog.

Dad Dave said her daughter had been put off fast food for life by the stomach-churning incident, which happened on Saturday.

He said: “She only had a little bit before she felt something funny in her mouth.

“She spat it into her hand and said ‘Ew, this is horrible. What is is?’ Then she said, ‘It’s a frog! It’s a frog!’

“I was driving down the motorway and she was freaking out. She was going to be sick. I told her not to be silly and to put it into the bag.

“Then we stopped and it was pretty obvious what it was. I phoned McDonald’s. I was disgusted.”

But Dave, of Moreton, Merseyside, told the Western Daily Post he complained to staff at Gateway service on the A55 in North Wales.

“It would be good customer service to call and apologise for something like this - it wasn’t a cold burger I was complaining about,” he said.

“It’s not a natural thing, like finding a slug in your lettuce. It was quite obvious that someone had put it in there, I suspect as a Halloween prank.

“Someone is making these wraps up. A frog doesn’t just turn up in a wrap. I don’t think it was a mistake, but if it was then it’s crazy that someone didn’t notice it.

“Cordie was just disgusted that she had a frog in her mouth and she still isn’t eating properly.

“Everyone was just disgusted. It was the most horrible thing. She is fine with frogs, but you don’t want one in your mouth.

“It’s a health and safety risk. She could have caught salmonella.

“She doesn’t want to eat at McDonald’s ever again. I won’t go to McDonald’s again.

A spokesman for McDonald’s said: “The customer did not raise this with anyone in our restaurant.

“Food hygiene and safety is of utmost importance and we take matters like this very seriously.

“Our wraps are freshly prepared when ordered and it is extremely unlikely this originated from our restaurant and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise at this stage.

“We have asked the customer to return the item to us, so that we can investigate further.”