Fire crews tackle chip pan fire in Peasley Cross

Firefighters tackled a chip pan blaze in Peasley Cross

Firefighters tackled a chip pan blaze in Peasley Cross

0
Have your say

A 69-year-old man was given oxygen by firefighters after a chip pan fire erupted at a flat in Peasley Cross.

Two appliances were dispatched to Sandalwood Gardens at around 1.15pm on Tuesday (June 14).

Firefighters spent around 25 minutes at the scene tackling the blaze.

The man suffered slight smoke inhalation.

He was assessed at the scene by paramedics but did not require hospital treatment.

A spokesman for Merseyside Fire and Rescue said: “Firefighters ventilated the property and remained at the scene for around 25 minutes.”