FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at the St Helens Theatre Royal this morning (Thursday).
Luckily, a sprinkler system had already activated and extinguished the flames by the time crews arrived at the Corporation Street scene shortly after 8.30am.
There were no reports of any injuries.
Firefighters checked that the fire had not spread any further than the fridge involved in the blaze - which was located in a first floor staff rest room.
Crews from St Helens, Whiston and Eccleston also ventilated the area to clear it of smoke. They were still on the scene more than two hours later.