Churches is your guide to what is going on within your church or organisation in St Helens and the surrounding areas. Send your item for inclusion to Churches, St Helens Reporter, Bank House, Claughton Street, St Helens, WA10 1RL. Items must be received by lunchtime on the Friday before the required publication. Alternatively call the newsdesk on 01744 611011 or email email@example.com
Wednesday, December 3:
* Bold Parish Council presents a carol service at Clock Face Methodist Church from 7.30pm. All welcome.
* St Austin's Ladies Group hold a Christmas bingo at the Parish Hall in Scholes Lane from 8pm.
Thursday, December 4:
The St Helens Walsingham Group holds its next meeting in the coffee room of Holy Cross Church at 2pm. All welcome.
Friday, December 5:
* St Helens Parish Church is to hold a Christmas concert with performances from Greenalghs Brass Band, starting at 7.45pm. Tickets - priced 6 (5 concessions) - are available on the door. More details from 01744 635415 or 27425.
* Wesley Church in St Helens will hold a Fair Trade Christmas sale between 10am and noon. All are welcome.
* St Thomas of Canterbury Church, Windleshaw, will hold a Christmas prize bingo session in the parish hall from 7.30pm. The evening will also include tombola and a raffle. All welcome.
* Zion Independent Methodist Church, Kemble Street, Prescot, presents a concert by the Rainford Ladies Choir, including old classics and festive favourites. Tickets priced 3 are available on the door.
Saturday, December 6:
* Clock Face Methodist Church is holding its Christmas Fayre from 10.30am. All welcome.
* The Church of Cross Lane, Newton-le-Willows, is holding a coffee morning from 10am until noon. All proceeds to church funds.
Monday, December 8:
* The Walsingham Group of Holy Cross and St James the Great are holding a joint service to mark the feast of the immaculate conception at 7pm in Holy Cross Church.
Tuesday, December 9:
* St John the Baptist Church in Market Street, Earlestown, will hold a concert featuring the Sankey Community Band. Admission is free, and the concert starts at 7.45pm.
Thursday, December 11:
* A Christmas Celebration at Christ Church, Eccleston, with the Cowley Singers, starting at 7.30pm. Tickets cost 4 and all proceeds go to Willowbrook Hospice.
Friday, December 12:
* St Nicholas Church, New Street, Sutton presents a carol evening at 7.30pm attended by the Mayor and Mayoress. Light refreshments will be provided. The retiring collection is for charity - The Mayor's Charity Appeal (Willowbrook Hospice) and Fr Joe Bibby's work with young people in Bolivia.
Sunday, December 14:
* The Roger Jones Christmas musical While Shepherds Watched will be performed by the Jubilate Choir at Wesley Methodist Church. The concert starts at 7.30pm. All welcome and entrance is free.
Thursday, December 18:
* Our Lady and St Joseph's Catholic Church, West Street, Prescot, holds a Christmas concert, featuring Knowsley Youth Orchestra, Prescot Parish Choir, Prescot Methodist Choir, singer-songwriter Rachael Dunn and other guests. Tickets priced 3 are available on the door.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for St Helens
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South east